Right below, you will see the definition for today's Wordle game, and nothing else. Try to use this hint to guess the answer in one go.
If that's not enough, you can download our free app to get the Wordle answer, and daily reminders to play the puzzle!
Wordle 291 - April 6
- (noun) the symbol used in writing to separate parts of a sentence showing a slight pause, or to separate the single things in a list
SPOILER: get the Wordle answer in the LockCard app.
Previous Hints & Answers
Wordle 290 - April 5
(adj) relating to where a person or animal was born
Wordle 289 - April 4
(noun) a large piece of woollen cloth you wear over shoulders or head, or which is wrapped around a baby to keep it warm
Wordle 288 - April 3
(determiner) a small number of.
Wordle 287 - April 2
(noun) the nose and mouth that stick out from the face of some animals
Wordle 286 - April 1
(adj) low in status or importance; humble.
Wordle 285 - March 31
(noun) an apparatus for cooking or heating that operates by burning fuel or using electricity.
Wordle 284 - March 30
(verb) persistently carry out attacks on
Wordle 283 - March 29
(verb) expressing the future tense.
Wordle 282 - March 28
(adj) having been discovered by chance or unexpectedly.
Wordle 281 - March 27
(noun) a mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations.
Wordle 280 - March 26
(noun) any of a class of adhesives, plastics, or other materials that are polymers of epoxides.
Wordle 279 - March 25
(noun) a place for the storage of large quantities of equipment, food, or some other commodity.
Wordle 278 - March 24
(noun) the front surface of a person's or animal's body between the neck and the abdomen.
Wordle 277 - March 23
(verb) remove from an organization or place in an abrupt or violent way.
Wordle 276 - March 22
(noun) an act or sound of splashing.
Wordle 275 - March 21
(determiner) belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
Wordle 274 - March 20
(verb) extend for a further period the validity of (a license, subscription, or contract).
Wordle 273 - March 19
(verb) give permission to do something.
Wordle 272 - March 18
(adj) fried quickly in a little hot fat.
Wordle 271 - March 17
(noun) a story or event recorded by a camera as a set of moving images and shown in a theater or on television.
Wordle 270 - Mar 16
(verb) provide food and drink, typically at social events and in a professional capacity.
Wordle 269 - Mar 15
(verb) make fun of or attempt to provoke (a person or animal) in a playful way.
Wordle 268 - Mar 14
- (verb) extract metal from its ore by a process involving heating and melting.
Wordle 267 - Mar 13
- (verb) pay particular attention to.
Wordle 266 - Mar 12
- (noun) this present day.
Wordle 265 - Mar 11
- (verb) look at or observe attentively over a period of time.
Wordle 264 - Mar 10
- (noun) an interval or passage of time.
- (verb) become invalid because it is not used, claimed, or renewed; expire.
Wordle 263 - Mar 9
- (noun) each of the twelve named periods into which a year is divided.
Wordle 262 - Mar 8
- (adj) having the pleasant taste characteristic of sugar or honey; not salty, sour, or bitter.
- (adj) pleasing in general; delightful.
Wordle 261 - Mar 7
- (noun) a stock or store of money or valued objects, typically one that is secret or carefully guarded.
Wordle 260 - Mar 6
- (noun) woven or felted fabric made from wool, cotton, or a similar fiber.
Wordle 259 - Mar 5
- (verb) soak or preserve in salty water.
Wordle 258 - Mar 4
- (adverb) further forward in time; in advance; in the near future.
Wordle 257 - Mar 3
- (verb) feel or show deep sorrow or regret for (someone or their death), typically by following conventions such as the wearing of black clothes.
Wordle 256 - Mar 2
- (adj) highly unpleasant, especially to the senses; physically nauseating.
Wordle 255 - Mar 1
- (noun) the basic monetary unit of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, equal to 100 paise in India, Pakistan, and Nepal, and 100 cents in Sri Lanka, Mauritius, and the Seychelles.
Wordle 254 - Feb 28
- (verb) have severe difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat or a lack of air.
Wordle 253 - Feb 27
- (noun) a repeated rhythmic phrase, typically one shouted or sung in unison by a crowd.
Wordle 252 - Feb 26
- (verb) to (cause to) flow, move, fall, or spread over the edge or outside the limits of something
- (noun) an amount of something that has come out of a container
Wordle 251 - Feb 25
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind.
- (adj) (of a color) intensely deep or bright.
Wordle 250 - Feb 24
- (noun) a man (UK)
Wordle 249 - Feb 23
- (noun) a store of valuable or delightful things.
Wordle 248 - Feb 22
- (noun) a stiff, sharp-pointed, straight or curved woody projection on the stem or other part of a plant.
Wordle 247 - Feb 21
- (adj) further; additional
- (verb) view or treat a person or group of people as intrinsically different from and alien to oneself
Wordle 246 - Feb 20
- (adj) understood or implied without being stated.
Wordle 245 - Feb 19
- (verb) drink (something) greedily or in large quantities.
- (noun) kitchen refuse and scraps of waste food mixed with water for feeding to pigs.
- (noun) a large mouthful of a drink.
Wordle 244 - Feb 18
- (verb) avoid someone or something by a sudden quick movement.
- (verb) expose (one area of a print) less than the rest during processing or enlarging.
Wordle 243 - Feb 17
- (noun) to be in a fit of trembling or shivering.
- (verb) to move an object in jerking movements.
Wordle 242 - Feb 16
- (noun) a waterproof filler and sealant, used in building work and repairs.
- (verb) to seal with a filler.
Wordle 241 - Feb 15
- (noun) a distinctive, typically pleasant smell.
Wordle 240 - Feb 14
- (noun) a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.
- (noun) a school of ancient Greek philosophers.
Wordle 239 - Feb 13
- (noun) a bird with a reddish breast.
Wordle 238 — Feb 12
- (noun) something extreme.
- (adverb) very, extremely.
Wordle 237 — Feb 11
- (noun) a break in skin or mucous membrane with loss of surface tissue, disintegration and necrosis of epithelial tissue, and often pus.
Wordle 236 — Feb 10
- (noun) A short period of time when you stop doing something before continuing.
Wordle 235 — Feb 9
- (noun) A mood related to the quality of being comedic or amusing
- (verb) To accommodate someone's desires.
Wordle 234 — Feb 8
- (noun) a rigid structure that can enclose a painting, door, or window.
- (noun) the size and build of a body.
- (verb) to place a photograph within an enclosure.
- (verb) to formulate a plan or concept.
Wordle 233 — Feb 7
- (noun) someone older.
- (noun) one of the respected people in certain societies, holding influence and authority.
- (noun) any of the various caprifoliaceous shrubs or small trees of the genus Sambucus.
Wordle 232 — Feb 6
- (noun) knowledge or ability that enables one to do something well.
Wordle 231 — Feb 5
- (adverb) the state of being in the air or off the ground.
Wordle 230 — Feb 4
- (noun) a permanent fold on a piece of clothing, usually done by folding one part of the fabric over another and sewing across the top end of the fold.
Wordle 229 — Feb 3
- (noun) pieces of broken glass, pottery, or metal.
Wordle 228 — Feb 2
- (adj) something slightly wet.
Wordle 227 — Feb 1
- (pronoun) the plural version of a word used to identify specific people or things observed by the speaker from afar.
Stay tuned for everyday hints!